Bargaining Town Hall
Our union will be holding a town hall for our members on Wednesday, March 27, from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. in UHS 8B60. Light refreshments will be served. This is your opportunity to hear from and ask questions of members of our bargaining team.
The event will be live-streamed for those of you who are unable to attend in person — a link to the live-stream will be emailed the day of the event. Please feel free to email your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may have noticed that OHSU is emailing their own updates about our weekly bargaining sessions; however, the employer has offered no opportunity for employees to ask questions or give feedback about these updates. We encourage our members to comment on the updates posted here and to our Facebook page. You may also ask questions of your unit steward or email them to email@example.com.
On our third day of bargaining with OHSU, our union proposed:
- Allowing employees to use vacation time, at their discretion, to cover FMLA absences
- Clarifying inclement-weather language to reflect current practice
- Involving AFSCME in a review of what positions should be considered drug testable
OHSU proposed some changes to the steward program that our union feels could be detrimental to our ability to represent employees and enforce our contract. OHSU also proposed doubling the time departments have to place employees into new internal positions — an employee could be required to wait up to eight weeks to be able to move into a new position.
The teams reached tentative agreements on nine sections of the contract today, including:
- Establishing a memorandum of understanding that will clarify in what scenarios employees are allowed clean-up time
- Allowing AFSCME-represented employees — for the first time in more than 30 years of representation — to file complaints about sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying, etc. directly with Local 328
Get Involved/Stay Informed
Unit stewards will be distributing buttons to wear to show your support. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
Stop by one of Local 328’s bargaining Q&A tables for swag and information. Tables are currently scheduled as follows:
- Thurs., March 14, CHH 3171, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Thurs., March 21, BICC Gallery, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Fri., March 29, CHH 3171, 12 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Thurs., April 11, CHH 3171, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Wed., April 17, BICC Gallery, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed, April 24, UHS 8B60, 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
If you wish to observe all or part of a bargaining session, email Matt Hilton at email@example.com in advance to make arrangements. To arrange a worksite visit for you and your coworkers to give feedback and ask questions about bargaining, use the Contact Us form on the Local 328 website.