Bargaining Town Hall
Ask questions of members of our bargaining team at our town hall on Wednesday, March 27, from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. in UHS 8B60. Light refreshments will be served. If you are unable to attend in person, the event will be live-streamed — check your email for the link. You may email questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week our union made proposals regarding:
- Handling complaints of bullying or intimidation
- Protecting whistleblowers
- Protecting our represented employees from OHSU contracting out our work
- Requiring managers to give feedback to new employees between the 30th and 60th day of probation (instead of between the 30th and 110th days)
- Giving employees the opportunity to contact OSHA for assistance and requiring the presence of a union representative during OSHA investigations
OHSU offered several proposals and counter proposals, including:
- Adding unnecessary employer oversight over our union’s email communications
- Requiring additional, not-for-cause drug testing for employees in applicable positions
The Local 328 bargaining team spent most of the day finalizing our economic proposals. Our team will present these proposals to OHSU in the coming weeks — stay tuned!
If you wish to observe all or part of a bargaining session, email Matt Hilton at email@example.com in advance to make arrangements. To arrange a worksite visit for you and your coworkers to ask questions and give feedback about bargaining, use the Contact Us form on the Local 328 website.