This week Local 328 presented our first round of economic proposals to OHSU. Our union’s bargaining team proposed language stating that:
- New: Weekend Differential — A 7 percent differential will be paid for all hours worked between 11:00 p.m. on Friday through 11:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- New: Float Differential — A 10 percent differential will be paid to employees whose position is formally designated as a float position; a 5 percent differential will be paid to other employees who are occasionally assigned to work as a float.
- New: Preceptor Work — A 7 percent differential will be paid to employees who perform assigned preceptor duties.
- New: Advanced Certification Differential — Employees who are certified by a national organization in a specialty area (not including certifications required to legally practice or required by the employer) and who are working in a position in the area of their certification will be paid a differential of $1.25 per hour.
- New: Reimbursement of Certification/Recertification Fees — Employees will be reimbursed for certification/recertification fees that meet eligibility requirements.
- 7.7 Time Off Between Regularly Scheduled Shifts — When an employee works two consecutive shifts with less than 10 consecutive hours off between the shifts, the employee will be paid time and a half for the entirety of the shift after the shortened rest period.
- 9.1.4 Scheduling and Assignment of Overtime — In the rare event that an employee is required to work more than 16 hours in a 24-hour period, the employee will be paid double-time for those hours.
- 10.8 Inclement Weather Team — An employee working on snow removal as part of the inclement-weather team will receive an additional $10.00 per hour (up from $8.00 per hour).
The Local 328 bargaining team spent the afternoon finalizing additional economic proposals. OHSU chose not to offer any proposals or counterproposals today. The final date that either team can present new proposals is April 23.