The Local 328 and OHSU bargaining teams met for the second time on March 5. Our union proposed changes to nine sections of the contract, including:
- Providing free transit passes (TriMet, C-TRAN, etc.) to AFSCME-represented employees
- Broadening layoff language to protection employees affected by FTE increases (not just FTE decreases)
- Requiring departments without computer access to post printed schedules 28 days in advance, indicating both where and when employees will be working
- Requiring that initiatives and projects developed jointly between OHSU and our union are co-branded
- Allowing represented employees to file complaints about such matters as sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. directly with our union (rather than using only OHSU or state reporting methods)
- Preserving election leave for employees working in states that don’t have vote by mail
OHSU proposed changes to a number of sections of the contract, including requiring that cab fare home after mandatory overtime will be reimbursed rather than paid for up front, adding to the language about unauthorized language and making some non-substantive changes.
The teams exchanged counterproposals today and reached tentative agreements on nine sections of the contract.
Get Involved/Stay Informed
Be on the lookout next week for bargaining-themed buttons and a “Bargaining Support Ideas” trifold brochure.
Stop by one of Local 328’s bargaining Q&A tables for swag and information. Tables are currently scheduled as follows:
- Thurs., March 14, CHH 3171, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Thurs., March 21, BICC Gallery, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed., March 27, UHS 8B60, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Fri., March 29, CHH 3171, 12 noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Thurs., April 11, CHH 3171, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Wed., April 17, BICC Gallery, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed, April 24, UHS 8B60, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Please regularly check and comment on the updates posted to our Facebook page and our blog. You may also ask questions of your unit steward or other union contact, or email questions to email@example.com. If you wish to observe all or part of a bargaining session, email Matt Hilton at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to make arrangements. To arrange a worksite visit for you and your coworkers to give feedback and ask questions about bargaining, use the Contact Us form on the Local 328 website.